Friday, May 1, 2009

Woods slips one stroke behind halfway lead

. Friday, May 1, 2009


CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (Reuters) - Tiger Woods struggled over the difficult final stretch to slip one stroke from the lead after the second round at the $6.4 million (4.3 million pound) Quail Hollow Championship on Friday.

Woods was far from his best for most of the round, and it finally caught up to him as he bogeyed the par-four 16th and 18th holes on a breezy afternoon, yet still posted an even-par 72 to finish the second round in a four-way tie for third.

Woods is one stroke behind long-hitting American Bubba Watson, who stormed home in 30 strokes, and South Africa's Retief Goosen on eight-under 136.

"I didn't hit it very well," said Woods, who is tied with fellow Americans Zach Johnson (67), Jim Furyk (66) and George McNeill (68) on seven-under 137. "I didn't drive the ball particularly well, didn't hit my irons as well as I'd like.

"I was hanging in there and if I could have posted nine (under) I would have probably gotten the most out of that round.

"It just didn't work out that way but overall it's not that bad, considering the way I was hitting the ball."

Watson was not even assured of making the cut at the turn, before he recorded four birdies and an eagle on the front nine, his inward half, to shoot 65, the day's best score.

"My caddie kicked me in the butt a few times and kept telling me to stay focussed, because I wanted to pout a few times," Watson said. link...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

daily up dated site for world wide news on every thing entertainment issue current affairs and many more....
    TopOfBlogs    Home Businesses blogs    BritBlog    blog search directory    Blog Directory

    Create Blog    Entertainment Blogs    Entertainment    Top Blogs    Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

    Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!    Free promotion    Blog Directory & Search engine

        Free Web Directory